Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mocha chocalatte ya ya...

Anyone who knows me knows my love for all things Dunkin' Donuts. Their coffee is the best coffee around and their donuts can kreme the Krispy company any day. Growing up in Kearny, you had no choice but to go to Dunkin' Donuts for all your coffee needs, which was fine by us since it was always quality. When you needed something to do you would walk the Ave to Dunkin' Donuts for a Coolata and then back again. I would convince my friends to accompany me to the comic book store as long as I promised to stop by DD and get them something. This happened so often that I began factoring in coffees and coolatas into my weekly comic book budget.

Recently they have perfected the ultimate coffee lid, with a sippy spout that has a re-sealable tab built right in. They must have spent millions of dollars in research developing this design and I'll tell you it is worth every penny. You don't see other company revolutionizing the way we drink our coffee. All Starbucks has developed in the last 5 years is how to add even more god-awful syrup to a mocha latte and charge you $6 for a tall Cinnamochamacchiatacinno. With whipped cream.

Yes, I love all things Dunkin Donuts related. So when Michael Vale, known as Fred the Baker, died this morning, it was quite a shock. He played the beloved "time to make the donuts" guy in Dunkin Donuts commercials for many years. As a kid I remember feeling terrible for this guy. He was always getting up at like 4AM to go into work all alone and sleepy to make donuts for people. I didn't understand why they couldn't hire other help for at least a few days a week. The man was old! He's earned some rest, one would think. I'm drinking Dunkin Donuts coffee right now. I raise my Styrofoam cup to you, sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home