Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Last Five Months: What I did on my Matt-Cave Vacation (Part Two)...

Before my hiatus from the blogosphere, I was last seen on a trip to Germany to visit my best friend and world traveler Sharyn. When I returned I began a brutal crusade of persuasion in order to convince her to return to the States. I can be very convincing at times. I've turned many a gay man straight with my charms (I don't like to talk about it).

I wanted her to come back home to move into an apartment with me. Living with my parents stopped being about emotional and financial support after a huge breakup and started bordering on post-collegiate loser territory. One more month at home in Kearny and I think I would have been required by law to move into the basement and begin playing Dungeons and Dragons while looking back fondly on the time when I used to get some.

Both Sharyn and I were recovering from major break-ups and both had very little direction in life. What better time to fulfill our dream of living together! I'm a very difficult person to live with, so I knew Sharyn would be one of a very select few who might put up with me. So I forced her to leave Germany. But to do so I had to promise to buy her a bike. Which I did. At Target. For $60. It sucked. And has since been stolen. Joke's on her I guess!

After an exhaustive search and with very little money, the closest we came to an actual apartment was something bordering on Broker-fraud wherein the broker demanded an additional month's fee, because he thought we were young and therefore push-overs. We had our hearts broken so many times, but it the end we found a great little place in Downtown Jersey City.

Other than some residents' insistence on referring to the neighborhood as "DoJo" (which makes NO sense), I've fallen in love with the area. It's what Hoboken would be if Hoboken wasn't inherently trashy. There's always a new cafe to brunch at each weekend. Pretty brownstones and lovely parks abound. We live 2 and one-half minutes from the Grove Street PATH station, so the commute is less than for Brooklyn-ites. The kitchen is perfect for frequent entertaining (praise Martha!). And the bedrooms have enough space and privacy for plenty of sexual encounters. What more can a boy ask for in his first bachelorette pad! So if you are in the neighborhood, and have housewarming presents, stop by and see the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home