Monday, July 18, 2005

Day Two

Freiburg















I make a concerted effort to eat as many traditionally German foods as possible while visiting. Here I am eating bratwurst in the traditional German manner: like a pervert!

Freiburg















Sharyn tries to look pretty for the picture. She often fails though. But it isn't her fault. Long ago a gypsy placed a curse on her. Now, every photo she takes turns out startlingly "off." Don't believe me? Just keep reading.

Schwartzwald















We travel into the Black Forest in search of tchotchkes for Diane. I stop to admire how peaceful I look in front of the lake. This is the Titi See. "See" means Lake in German. I'm not sure what "Titi" means, but I can guess!

Schwartzwald















Get it?!? Titi Lake! Haha!

Schwartzwald















Sharyn tries to smile for the camera in front of the picturesque little mountain town along the lake. Unfortunately she looks like a whiney little baby with a constipation problem. It's too bad, because, she really does look lovely today. Damn that gypsy curse!

Kuchen Party















These are the remains of apple and chocolate cakes. Every day at 4pm, we like to stop into a cafe and have ourselves a Kuchen Party. That means a "cake party." Much like the British love tea, Germans love cake. And power. But cake is easier to purchase at 4pm in a small village.

Schwartzwald















I am waving goodbye to the Schwartzwald while wearing a necklace I brought for Sharyn. If you think it looks handsome on me, you should see it on Sharyn. Makes her look like a young Bea Arthur. Makes me look like young Charles Nelson Reilly. And of course my limp-wristed "Auf Wiedersehen" doesn't help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home