Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My true colors shining through...

I recently bought myself an adorable baby blue puffy winter coat from United Colors of Benetton. For weeks I had been spying this coat in the window of the Benetton store on the corner of Broadway and 8th Street while waiting for my roommate. Finally I broke down and purchased it on sale. I love a good sale. Half price, baby!

I love my new coat and wear it any chance I get, which in this unseasonably warm winter weather isn't nearly often enough. But not everyone loves it as much as I do. Last Wednesday I was walking home from the comic book store when I passed two gruff men walking in the opposite direction. As I passed, I overheard one guy say to his friend, "Look at that big blue coat. What a fat f---ing faggot!"

I was instantly offended and hurt. But not by what you might think. I swear to you the first thing that crossed my mind was "he thinks this coat makes me look fat!" It took a moment to realize I was called a fag and that I should be pissed off by that. But honestly it didn't bother me all that much. Maybe it's because I've gotten called names like that plenty of times before, or that I live in NY and know that homos are in the majority. Derogatory comments about my weight however destroy me.

If that doesn't make me the biggest faggot ever, than I don't know what does!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you're the cutest *&( in New York, New Jersey or for that matter in the world! And I bet your coat just adds to your cuteness.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Matt Coleman said...

I assure you you would win that bet, Mystery Poster. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home