Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Keep your Supreme Court Justice off my body...

Reading about Senate confirmations of any kind are frustrating and upsetting. While I understand that there needs to be a level of respect involved, the more liberal-minded fiery part of me (I guess that would be the part with the red hair) wants the Democrats to scream and yell and rip off the Republican hacks' balls. Supreme Court justice confirmations are especially trying. These are people who will be deciding what our Constitution actually means for the rest of their lives. I have no problem with asking, among many other important questions, if they are anti-choice straight-out.

This morning Democratic Senator Richard J. Durbin of Illinois pretty much did just that. Durbin asks "John Roberts stated unequivocally that Roe v. Wade was the settled law of the land. Do you, Judge Alito, believe that Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land?" Unlike, John Roberts, Alito refuses to say so!

It's that simple. Alito will vote to overturn Roe v. Wade first chance he gets. Anyone senator who votes for his confirmation, has no excuse. I'm looking at you, Democrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home