Wednesday, October 06, 2004

It's official, I'm in love with Elizabeth Edwards...

One of the comments that stuck with me last night was Cheney's claim that he had never met John Edwards before walking out onto the debate stage. It was an obvious pre-scripted barb that he shoe-horned into a question about Israel and Palestine peace talks. (I guess they don't have much a record to run on there, huh?) I figured this was an easy enough thing to check out and I hoped that someone would tell us if this was the truth. For some reason I'm predisposed not to believe the claims coming from this administration. Maybe because of all the lying.

But we didn't need to wait for the spin to begin to find out the truth of this one. Elizabeth Edwards to the rescue!

She came up onto stage and reminded Mr. Cheney of the times they had met. One of those times in fact, they sat next to Mr. Cheney for three and a half hours. In February 2001, the vice president thanked Edwards by name at a Senate prayer breakfast. (Someone has GOT to find a picture of this!) Edwards aides also said the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied, Elizabeth Dole, to her swearing-in by Cheney in January 2003. Edwards spoke about his wife's gutsy and dignified move at a post debate rally.

"The vice president said that the first time I met Senator Edawrds was tonight when we walked on the stage. I guess he forgot the time we sat next to each other for a couple hours about three years ago. I guess he forgot the time we met at the swearing in of another senator. So, my wife Elizabeth reminded him on the stage. She reminded him about the truth and come November, we're going to remind him that the American people do not want four more years of George W. Bush."


Finally, we have a Vice-President's wie of consequence.

UPDATE: I found the picture of Edwards and Cheney sitting down together via our friends in the blogosphere. Will post as soon as I get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home