Friday, May 14, 2004

Martha, eat your heart out...

I'm going to a Mexican-style dinner party tonight and my job was to bring the appetizer. I decided to rely on an old favorite, a family recipe that has brought joy to many- Debbie Dip. Named after my Aunt Debbie, and served at only the finest of Coleman gatherings, this secret dish has been passed along to close relatives only for years-until now. I am going to share all the painstaking minutiae of this beloved Coleman treasure. Without further ado, I give you... dramatic pause... Debbie Dip:

1 container of Sour Cream
1 container salsa
grated cheese
chopped black olives (optional)

In a shallow pie dish, spread the sour cream. Next spread the salsa on top making sure not to mix but to form layers. Top with grated cheese and black olives, if desired. Cool in refrigerator. Dip using your favorite tortilla chip.

This terribly complicated dish is always a hit parties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home